Membership Categories and Limitations
Regular and Honorary: Members are subject to no special restrictions or conditions. Members are entitled to use of all Club facilities including golf, swimming, tennis, dining, and bar.
Social: Members are entitled to use the same facilities as a Regular and Honorary Member, except golf.
Junior: Membership is for individuals who are under age thirty-five. Junior Golf Members are entitled to use of Club facilities including golf, swimming, tennis, dining and bar. Junior Social Members are entitled to use the same facilities as a Regular and Honorary Member, except golf.
Senior: Membership is for individuals who are age seventy and older. Senior Golf Members are entitled to use of Club facilities including golf, swimming, tennis, dining, and bar. Senior Social Members are entitled to use the same Club facilities except golf.
Senior Single: Membership is for single individuals who are age seventy and older. Senior Single Golf Members are entitled to use of Club facilities including golf, swimming, tennis, dining, and bar. Senior Single Social Members are entitled to use the same Club facilities except golf.
Corporate: Membership is for groups of individuals as Corporate Golf Members or Corporate Social Members with privileges of Regular Golf Members or Social Members.
Limited: The Board shall have the authority to allow certain individuals, such as members of the Armed Forces, Ministers of the Gospel, and Highway Patrol to become Limited Members at a fee as set out in Article III. Such members should not be counted as part of the maximum number of members allowed in this Article (Section 1.b).
Non-Resident: This membership is available to individuals who reside beyond a 25 mile radius from the city of McAlester. A maximum of 50 memberships will be allowed in this category. When questions arise regarding the 25 mile limit, the Board of Directors will make necessary decisions.
Members in this category will not be eligible for election to elective positions.
Non-Resident memberships will be given one time only. They may not be transferred, suspended temporarily, etc. by the member.
In the event the person with the Non-Resident membership should move within a 25 mile radius of the city of McAlester, his/her Non-Resident membership will be transferred to a Regular membership, and the payment of regular membership fees will be paid immediately. The same guest restrictions shall pertain to a Non-Resident membership, and the same privileges afforded, as to those of Regular members
Membership Category Change Notification: It is the responsibility of the member to notify the Club Manager when the member desires to change his/her membership category.
Limitation: Total number of members (all categories) shall not exceed 800.
1. Applications for membership, on a form provided by the Club Manager and including necessary fees, will be given to the Chairperson of the Membership Committee. This application will be complete, and will include the endorsements of two regular members in good standing and a credit report (to be obtained by the Club Manager).
2. Upon approval by the Membership Committee, meeting as a Committee of the Whole, the Chairperson will then give the application to the Club Manager with a recommendation in writing to approve or disapprove, as well as the results of an interview with the prospective member.
3. The Club Manager will then transmit the completed application to the President for necessary Board action.
4. Approval of an application will require two-thirds vote of full Board. To disapprove will require a simple majority.
5. Proceedings pertaining to membership applications are confidential.
6. Each new member must attend one orientation
session in the first quarter after becoming a member.
1. Membership in the McAlester Country Club shall entitle the member, his/her spouse, and his/her children, and any person who may be an actual family member of his/her household and dependent upon him/her for support, except sons and daughters over twenty-four years of age who shall be subject to the requirements of other applicants for membership. All members shall give the Club Manager a list of the members of his/her family who will be entitled to the privileges of the Club. It will be the responsibility of the member to inform the Club Manager of changes to this list.
In the event of divorce, the member retaining the membership in the Club shall notify the Club Manager immediately.
Notification of resignation shall be a minimum of 30 days in advance. Billing to member stops at the end of the month in which the member resigns. Resignation must be made through the Club Manager.